Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer has google redirect virus and winlogon.exe Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mango487

mango487

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

Hello!
I am new to this forum and not very computer literate so any help would be much appreciated.
I recently got the "Google Re-direct virus" on my laptop, as well as the winlogon.exe Application Error.
I have a Dell Inspirion E1505 and am running Windows XP.
I have had the google re-direct virus before (July 2010) and was able to remove it by using malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.
However, this time, none of these scanners were able to remove the google redirect virus. Whenver I attempt to google, I am redirected to a page that had nothing to do with the original search. The virus seems different this time, in that I am still able to update malwarebytes (before the google redirect virus would block me from updating and using malwarebytes.)
I also have the winlogon.exe Application Error. Whenever I restart my computer, a box comes up with winlogon.exe- Application Error that says: "the instruction at 0x005f258 referenced memory at 0x012e0000. The memory could not be read." Then, if I click either ok or cancel, my computer screen goes blue and says a fatal error occured.
I dont know if the winlogon.exe error is related to the google redirect virus or not?
Please, please help. I do not know what else to do.

Edited by hamluis, 09 August 2010 - 03:27 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users