Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SSDO Discovery Service Will Not Start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IndyHoops

IndyHoops

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

While troubleshooting a problem that prevents the picture download software that came with my Canon camera from working, I discovered that the SSDP Discovery Service is not running. Efforts to start the service failed with the following error:

"Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running the same process."

Any ideas how to fix this??

Thanks!
Hoops

Edited by IndyHoops, 09 August 2010 - 02:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/remotereg.htm

You might try the above, substituting SSDO for Remote Registry in the directions.

Seems to me that should do the trick :thumbsup:.

Louis

#3 LeveledHead

LeveledHead

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

If that fails, and gives you an error, make sure to post it here.

#4 IndyHoops

IndyHoops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

No error, but no effect, either. The PC recognizes both optical and external drives and opens the Explorer directory window for each drive when I insert a CD or, in the case of the Clickfree external hard drive, plug it in. However, Autoplay does not run for either.

Edit: Correction. The service does launch now and the camera works fine. I forgot which issue I was trying to resolve. :thumbsup: Autoplay still won't function, but that's obviously a different issue.

Edited by IndyHoops, 10 August 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

LOL...we solve them one at a time, glad that worked for that problem :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users