Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer possibly infected with Zefarch?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GreyDrakkon

GreyDrakkon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

I'm posting this for someone I know who recently got scammed into buying "Soft Platinum", a fake spyware scanner. I've been trying to clean it out, using safe mode and scanning with "Spybot Search and Destroy" as well as "Malwarebytes", both updated. They've both caught things, but even when in safe mode when using firefox I noticed that a tab would randomly open up with a redirect. I googled the site it redirected to, and it seems to be related to the Zefarch virus.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 09 August 2010 - 02:51 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreyDrakkon

GreyDrakkon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:21 PM

Apologies for posting this thread in the wrong forum, I was running the computer in safe mode when I first posted here, so the visuals for this site were out of whack and I missed this area.

Edited to add: I installed TDSSKiller and it found only one thing, something that it calls a "malicious object".

Edited by GreyDrakkon, 09 August 2010 - 05:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users