Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NT Authority/System Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Asano_Naganori

Asano_Naganori

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

I would like to apologise in case this problem has come up before, I've searched extensively and found out that it is a variation of a Blaster Worm thats been about for quite some time.
My problem seems to be different from the cases I've seen elsewhere because it persists even if I re-start my PC in safe mode and after windows repair (via the original disk).
The message that pops up is that the system needs to shut down because of NT Authority/System due to the fact that C:\Windows\system32\services.exe has terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819.
As I have mentioned, I've attempted to re-boot in Safe Mode to edit the registry in order to render it inactive, but the message still popped up. Repair with the original disks failed to remove it to. I'm runnin Windows XP SP2 and it seems that my Avast! antivirus did nothing.
I am quite baffled by the problem and am wondering if anyone can point me towards a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You for Your time.

Edited by hamluis, 09 August 2010 - 01:51 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users