Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:07 PM
My pc has several infections, but Antimalware Doctor seems to be the biggest issue as their popups appear on my screen and I cannot remove them.
I'm following instructions given by boopme to someone in topic "Antimalware Doctor - big problems!, Nothing is working" and so far have done the following:
1. I'm working in safe mode with networking now.
2. I downloaded FixExe and allowed registry entries.
3. I downloaded rkill and saved on my desktop, but rkill repeatedly kills itself after many attempts to run it. I tried iExplore and eXplorer with the same results.
3. Should I try dowloading and running SUPERAntiSpyware?
My OS is Windows XP/SP2
Two more things...
* Avast! has been disabled ty malware and I cannot activate it again!
* I see a program called URGE located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs. When I first noticed it, I wrote down the following properties:
Target Location System 32
Created 7/25/2010; modified 7/26/2010
Location: C:\Documents & Settings\Administrator (my name)
I don't know what this program is and don't remember installing it! Could this have been installed by malware? The created/modified dates are consistent with the dates I was infected.