Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor has taken over my computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Baylynx

Baylynx

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

My pc has several infections, but Antimalware Doctor seems to be the biggest issue as their popups appear on my screen and I cannot remove them.

I'm following instructions given by boopme to someone in topic "Antimalware Doctor - big problems!, Nothing is working" and so far have done the following:

1. I'm working in safe mode with networking now.

2. I downloaded FixExe and allowed registry entries.

3. I downloaded rkill and saved on my desktop, but rkill repeatedly kills itself after many attempts to run it. I tried iExplore and eXplorer with the same results.

3. Should I try dowloading and running SUPERAntiSpyware?

My OS is Windows XP/SP2

Two more things...

* Avast! has been disabled ty malware and I cannot activate it again!

* I see a program called URGE located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs. When I first noticed it, I wrote down the following properties:

Remote Assistance
Target Location System 32
Created 7/25/2010; modified 7/26/2010

I don't know what this program is and don't remember installing it! Could this have been installed by malware? The created/modified dates are consistent with the dates I was infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users