Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apc Powerchute Plus On Windows 2003 Server

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 g52ultra

g52ultra

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 28 October 2005 - 01:13 AM

I would like to run APC Powerchute Plus on my 2003 server (2003R2- "service pack 1") computer, using an APC SmartUPS 3000and I get an error that it won't load.

1. I can run Powerchute Buisness Edition on the server, but I just want simple monitoring and control, and I don't need the networking features of Buisness Edition. Personally, I think the Powerchute Buisness Edition is a nuisance.

2. I have the correct "Smart" serial cable from APC. I can monitor the APC UPS using the Windows power management feature in 2003 server, but that don't do crap for me.

3. A Cyberpower 700AVR, using the Cyberpower PowerPanel Plus software works with no problem, but the Cyberpower UPS 700AVR is inadequate for my needs.

4. My APC Powerchute Plus software does load on XP2 and 2000 Pro.

My believe is that that Powerchute Plus does will not work on 2003 server (and experimenting, it does not run on Vista Beta 1 either). Anybody help me out on this? I get nothing from pouring over APC's website and their question submission form doesn't work.
Anybody know where John Titors's '66 Vette is (or was, or will be)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users