Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shelton, Connecticut, Greetings and Salutations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VeeMike

VeeMike

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

VeeMike (V. Michael), a 54 year old practicing attorney who is a stickler for efficiency and simplicity. I miss the DOS days. Fifteen years later I still miss my WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS word processing software. Oh well.

Let's see if BleepingComputer can simplify my productivity, at least help me prevent recent browser hijacking.

V. Mike Simko, Jr.
Shelton, Conn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Welcome to BleepingComputer. I hope this site can help you with whatever problem(s) you have quickly and accurately. :thumbsup:

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for joining and welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 VeeMike

VeeMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

Thank you both.

#5 VeeMike

VeeMike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

I may have thanked everyone a bit prematurely.

I now know the 14 page Preparation Guide For use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help by hard. I have performed all the prep work necessary to create DDS, Ark and Attach logs, and either copy/paste or upload as required in step 9 - Create a new malware removal topic and post the DDS logs and the GMER log. But time and time again when it comes to the ultimate final step, clicking on the Post New Topic button to actually post my new topic to the forums, I am instatly met with a "Internet Explorer cannot be found" error page instead of seeing teh Bleepingcomputer.com web page. Can the Browser Hijack software that has infected my PC actually be defending itself so I cannot get back to Bleepingcomputer.com?

Unless someone here suggests a fix or workaround, I will have to copy/paste my DDS log and upload my GMER logs to a thumb drive then submit from another PC.

Ciao

V. Mike

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,816 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

I replied to your topic here

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users