Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Appreciate Any Help - AdWare/Malware or some infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Michael 1225

Michael 1225

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

Hello - I have registered as it seems this may be a good place for me to get some help.

I seem to have some sort of Malware or Adware infection that I cannot get rid of. I will try to provide you with as many of the details that I can.

Dell Laptop M4300
Running Windows XP Pro
Normally Use NOD 32 for antivirus internet security
Recently have tried Norton Security Suite to remove what I have - both are up to date and neither can seem to remove this bug.
Normally use PC Tools Spyware Doctor
Recently have tried Mal Ware and Ad-Aware to remove as well - no luck (they do find some tracking cookies though)

Symptoms:
Slow startup and shut down
Lagging Internet
Crush Alert Pop-Ups saying that someone locally has a crush on me...while flattering(lol) my wife does not think so :thumbsup:
Various adware pop ups from auto insurance to work at home
Initially shut the sound on my computer off (I was able to go back in and turn it on on the volume controls - only muted the .wav files)
I will have a voice just start talking on the computer - usually saying something like 'Conratulations....'
Since this has started sometime on reboot/startup I will get the 'Blue Screen' saying there was a critical error.....could be software ....blah blah blah...sometimes get that sometimes do not...
Normally use google chrome for browser however recently that will not work - I keep getting the 'aw snap' page...currently using Firefox....
PopUp for Microsoft Phishing Filter (which I just close with an 'x') - I look in my IE settings and it shows phishing detection enabled...
Most of these popus that are ads come up in an IE window

Currently I Have NOD32, Norton Security Suite, Ad-Aware, and Pc Tools Spyware Doctor all installed - I have already uninstalled the Malware

Most recently the Spyware Doctor found application tracking cookies and has removed them.
(as i am typing just got another crush alert)
Just previous to the spyware doctor - AdAware found 23 cookies (privacy object 3 of in TAI category) and removed them

Thanks in advance for anyhelp you may be able to provide.
Michael

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users