Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tommiefromva

tommiefromva

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

I am on windows XP Home and my sound is gone. There is no speaker icon in my task bar. I went to Control Panel>Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devises> Sounds and Audio Devises and it says "No Audio Devises". I can't click on anything on that page. Can anyone help me get my sound back?
Tommie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:36 AM

Try reinstalling your audio drivers package.

Louis

#3 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

What's the make and model of your computer? You'll have to download the drivers for your audio and it should work.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#4 tommiefromva

tommiefromva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

Where do I get these Audio Drivers. It's a Dell Inspiron 1000. Tommie

#5 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

I'll help you find the appropriate drivers. What operating system are you using?

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

#6 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:51 AM

Nevermind, I see it in an earlier post.

#7 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

You're sure that it's an Inspiron and not a Dimension?

#8 tommiefromva

tommiefromva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

It is an Inspiron 1000 for sure

Edited by tommiefromva, 09 August 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#9 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

I believe this is the driver he is looking for: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...p;fileid=105596
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#10 tommiefromva

tommiefromva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

I found this site where I can download my drivers. Is it a safe site to download from.
http://www.opendrivers.com/downloaddriverurls.php

#11 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:33 PM

No the only place that you should download drivers is from the manufacturers site. Here is the page from Dell that lists all of your drivers for your machine: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...=1&vercnt=2
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#12 tommiefromva

tommiefromva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

Thank you. I used the Dell site and downloaded the Audio Devise from Dell and my sound works better than ever. I was kind of leary of that other site. Right at the top of their page they want to scan my computer and I know very well what can lead to. Thanks again to you guys. Tommie

#13 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

You're very welcome. Glad we could help.

#14 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

You are very welcome! Than is what I do try and help people and when I succeed it is a great feeling :thumbsup: And yeah don't use any of those sites or their scanners some of them contain malware and such so. But I am glad I was able to help. :flowers:

Edited by computerxpds, 09 August 2010 - 01:04 PM.

sigcomp.png 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users