Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thebouncer

thebouncer

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:12 AM

I am in need of some help. I disabled my anti virus but Combofix said it was active anyways. I proceeded with a scan which it went to Stage 56 then started deleting files. Combofix then locked up with no further activity I was forced to force reboot the machine. After rebooting it , it now comes up to a black screen (no error message or anything). I realize its an advanced tool etc. (I use to participate in forums several years ago on another website with helping people clean their machines). I never ran into a problem like this though, apparently the malware is a lot more advanced these days.

I tried Last known good configuration and that did not work
I tried Safe Mode and it hangs while loading the drivers, so that doesn't work either.

I know combofix made backups of the registry and also a system restore point but how do I get the system back to where it was ? This computer was infected with Anti Virus Pro 2010 or a variant that killed every .exe file it encountered. I was able to finally get it off by running DDS and then looking at the logfile which showed me where the files were located I then went into the registry and removed the startup entries and then I was able to install Mbam and run that which removed the rest of that. However the machine was still acting odd even after that with redirects when browsing the internet.

Is their any way to get this computer back to operational at this point ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users