Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes randomly, regularly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arghhh!!

arghhh!!

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

My computer freezes randomly. It could freeze now. What happens is, is that the mouse, the screen and everything freezes. The system light doesn't flicker, and there is absolutely no activity at all from my computer at the time. It can happen when playing a game, logging on or doing anything at all. I thought it could be the heat, but the highest temperature it gets to is 61C, after playing a game...or at 100% load according to my graphics driver tool. Don't have a blue screen warning either, and I have to hold down the shut down button if this happens. My specs are pretty good, so should I send this off on warranty or fix it myself?

Time of this report: 8/9/2010, 11:35:58
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/19/09 17:08:42 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 4090MB used, 4096MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6899)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

Here's an idea.

Update Windows or/and try disconnect your usb devices.

If you want to have the mods respond to your problem, you should try to include some more spcific detail about the error from eg eventviewer or your bsod dump files.
Try the program bluescreenview.

Hope it helps. :huh:

Edited by nightspydk, 09 August 2010 - 10:25 AM.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

What did you use to tell what the temp was on your machine? I would use speed fan then post all of the temps it reports. Speed fan: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Also yes I would check inside of the computer to see if there is a lot of dust, just be sure to unplug the computer and be sure to ground your self so that you dont shock something. :huh:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 BYSTANDER LEEDS UK

BYSTANDER LEEDS UK

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:48 AM

I had the same problem, mouse freezes, screen freezes, the works. I've cleaned the mouse xyz times, tried different scrubbing surfaces, nothing worked. So Googled for 'MOUSE FREEZES' and found this very clever and it works answer:

THE PROBLEM IS YOU'VE CHANGED PRINTERS, you went out and bought a new one, and set up A WAR OF THE WORLDS BETWEEN THE TWO PRINTERS. Result total slow down, mouse won't respond, PC locks up, so you need to DELETE THE PRINTER/S YOU DON'T USE, OR [as follows]:

The Solution

Open the printer control panel for the Epson printer (Start --> Settings --> Printers & Faxes --> Epson 1280). Select Properties under the Printer menu. From the Properties window, General tab, click on the Printing Preferences button. Select the Utilities tab and click on the Speed & Progress button at the bottom. From the Speed & Progress window click on the Monitoring Preferences button. From the Monitoring Preferences window click the checkbox marked "Allow monitoring of shared printers". Click OK button on all the windows. Now when the status monitor runs on other machines they will be able to monitor the shared printer.

GaryM wrote this [the above paragraph] not me, please give your credit where it's due > to GARY M. I'm posting this to share this info, I'm so grateful to Gary, and my PC back to normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users