Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 D_Lilly

D_Lilly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

I'll try to explain as best I can: In a [drunken stupor], I created a new identity on Outlook Express (V. 6 I beleive). After a few weeks, I decided to check for e-mail on the alternate identity. I went to File, Switch Identities, and typed in the user name. Unfortunately, I forgot the password, but somehow the program let me bypass entering a password after several failed attempts, switching my identity. I was able to get into my drafts folder and save an unsent e-mail to another folder. Now I cannot get into Outlook Express at all to switch back, and the program freezes up when attempting to load.

Can anyone help me? By the way, just kidding about being in a drunken stupor... perhaps I should try that, though.

Thanks much!
Deanna

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wannabeadmin141

wannabeadmin141

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:38 PM

save yourself time and effort, rather then figuring out whats wrong with the application just go ahead and re-install outlook express. that should fix any application errors and set you back to your default settings. although you may have to re-add the identities.

"As it was in the beginning, it will be in the end "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users