Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

compaq laptop may be infected but i cant detect anything xp home x86

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 computerdown707

computerdown707

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

I have a compaq mini netbook, which i got thanksgiving of 2009. Over the last 3 weeks i have been encountering the following issues.. My web browser (Firefox) has been re-directing me to random sites when i try to click on a link. also, when i try to connect to my wireless network, i get a message saying windows cannot configure this wireless connection. When i turn the computer off completely, and restart, the wireless connection can be selected. Have norton security suite installed, malware anti bytes installed, c cleaner installed, and spy bot.. nothing seems to be detecting anything .. about two weeks ago malware bytes detected keloggers and trojans. havent seen them since, but computer clearly is infected to my knowledge and past experiences. It is really getting very frustrating. Its my wife's computer and she complains constantly.. please help.. would also like to note that my sound card has been disabled twice, without notice, and started to work upon restart.. weird stuff..

Edited by hamluis, 09 August 2010 - 09:00 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users