Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RoxyyC

RoxyyC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

I have A Toshiba Satellite. It will be two years old this September.
I haven't had any problems I couldn't solve. No serious virus', etc.
2 days ago, somehow I got that annoying Trojan "Security Tool" and i got rid of it the same night. Scanned my laptop with a Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Anti-Malware softwares. Restarted my laptop and was ready to surf the net again. However, when I opened FireFox, Google Chrome, Safari or IE they all gave the error message. "Cant Display Webpage". I could still sign in on MSN messenger and Skype. But I can't Browse. Today though, I cant sign in on MSN anymore. Through all this, my laptop tells me I'm connected to the Internet, all the other Wireless things in my home are connected and working.
I've scanned my laptop everyday. I've Restored it but it will only let me go as far back after I got rid of the security tool.

Notes:
Security Tool popped up when my blackberry was connected. (I think I got it from my brothers laptop. He had it before. I got rid of it and his laptops still works)
MSN stopped working after I connected my phone to my laptop again.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Thank You,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

Open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE, sometime viruses, spyware will check the proxy box. If that
doesn't fix it, open a command prompt and type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users