Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Found new hardware wizard pop up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amicable

amicable

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

Hi all,

I have dual booted configuration with Fedora 12 and Windows XP running. I have reinstalled Fedora 12 yesterday as something (I don't know) gone wrong and I was not able to login into either Fedora or Windows. While installing Fedora 12 has taken a full free partition (with 100 GB) as logical volume for root, which I haven't noticed at that time.

After installation, I had logged into Windows network, where a Found new Hardware wizard for generic volume keeps on popping up. It's really annoying to have it popped up again and again. Kindly let me know whether this popup can be avoided.

Regards,
Bala

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

My experience is that Windows requires a reboot...after any partitions/drives have been added. After that, there should be no notification of new hardware.

The creation of a new partition is seen by XP as a new piece of hardware.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users