Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blank page--status says done

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blogging.j

blogging.j

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

I run xp sp3. Ram is 512 mb. I also run Avast anti virus and malwarebytes. And I'm on dialup if that makes a difference.

About a month ago, so far only in ebay that I can find, when I would go to certain web pages it would come up as a blank page but say done at the bottom. I thought for awhile that it might be my antivirus protection(it had a firewall included in it). It was mcafee. And I read that mcafee and norton didn't really play nice with ebay. I've uninstalled mcafee and ran their uninstall tool. I also ran ccleaner just in case. I then downloaded avast. And I didn't really get the message at first or so I thought. Now I'm still getting the message. I also thought that maybe it was my ad blocker. I have adblock plus through firefox but when I checked that program wasn't blocking anything on that page. I know my java is up to date. Does anyone have any advice? Is there something I need to update? I'm all out of ideas. I've also tried in on internet explorer and I basically get the same response. Please help.

I also wanted to add that malwarebytes and avast never find anything bad on my computer.

Edited by blogging.j, 08 August 2010 - 03:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

Hello, first try clearing your web browser's cache.

TFC by OT
Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 blogging.j

blogging.j
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

I'm not running vista. I'm running xp. What is tfc? And what do you think is causing this? I also just figured out that I didn't have flash player installed. Is it related?

#4 blogging.j

blogging.j
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:36 AM

I just downloaded TFC but it didn't seem to save it to my desktop. Is it a file and not a program? I ran the file. And I tried ebay again. So far so good. But the pages are always changing (the pages that don't work). I'll let you know in a few days. How can I find out what TFC deleted and how often should I run it? Thank you for your help.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

I was thinking you PC had a lot of clutter, so we ran the Temp File Cleaner and cleared your cache to frre up some space. You are running tight with 512 RAm. ghow big is your hard drive and how much is frre space? Go to My Computer and mouse over the hard drive.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 blogging.j

blogging.j
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

I'm actually checking this from another computer. I forgot how much space I have free but it's alot. I'll check when I'm back on that computer. And I also have a second hard drive built into the computer and there is hardly anything saved on that drive. I did notice today when I got the blank status page (on ebay) that if I hit the refresh screen, it came right up like there was no problem. Is that important? Could it be because I only have 512mb of ram? Or could it be because I'm on dialup-maybe the site isn't responding to the computer in a certain amount of time? And why would I only get it on ebay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users