Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Losing Network connections

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Just Trying My Best

Just Trying My Best

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

From time to time, I seem to lose access to the printer and shares that are set up on my wife's PC.
The printer is connected via USB to her PC.

I can see the shares (Folders that I set up with sharing turned on) but I can't access them. Here is the message I get:

" 'Share' is not accessible. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact the Administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The network path was not found."

My account on that PC is set up as an Administrator and is exactly the same as on my PC! (User name and password)

It was my default printer and was working fine until I had to reload the print drivers on her PC.

After attempting to delete the printer in my 'Printer and Faxes' dialog box, I can no longer see the Printer on the her PC, even though File and Print Sharing is turned on in the Network Settings, and Sharing is turned on in the Printer Properties.

Specs for her PC:

box--------------------Private brand
CPU--------------------Intel P4
Speed-----------------2.66GHz
RAM-------------------2 GB DDR
OS---------------------Windows XP Home SP3 Build 2600
Printer -----------------HP PSC1200 with Sharing turned ON
AntiVirus---------------Comodo Free
Motherboard-----------Asus P4S533MX
Danno

PC--Lenovo ThinkCentre M52, Processor--Pentium 4 3.00GHz, Memory--512MB DDR-2, MB--IBM with Intel I945P/PL/G/GZ Chipset
Drive--WD800JD-08LSA0 Sata, Video--Intel 82945G OnBoard, Network--Bell Wireless DSL Modem/Router
OS--Windows XP Professional SP3, Browser--IE 8, Email--Outlook 2002 SP3, Anti-Virus--Bell Internet Secturity Service

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users