Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP g4050 scanner not working/Not found

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 konfuzed

konfuzed

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Here is my problem. I have been using a HP g4050 scanjet scanner for two years on my HP desktop with Windows Vista home premium 32 bit. The scanner eventually broke,but the software has always been fine. I recently bought a replacement g4050 scanner that is identical to the old one. It came with new software,which I installed. Since then, I cannot scan. The error message always says scanner not found. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the new software,the old software and software from HP's site. Nothing works. Even though the software says it is properly installed,it will not work. I have tried all usb ports and checked all physical connections. I got on the phone with HP Support and they are stumped. I even tried the old scanner and got the same results.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

Hello...
do you have try it on another computer???
if on another computer it works...thats mean the problem its on your computer...
if on another computer it not works...thats mean the problem is that scanner...please consider to RMA it before your warranty over...

please try it first on another computer to make sure your problem is not hardware failure (scanner)...and please tell it here...

sorry...I just to make sure that the problem is not scanner failure...

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Support Page

"Not working'...does that mean that neither the drivers nor any of the accompanying software...work properly?

No error messages of any sort, at any time?

Is the scanner properly recognized in Device Manager? Does the software properlly install in Windows?

You may want to try this, prior to installing the scanner: Remove Unused Drivers and Devices - http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/Win...andDevices.html

Louis

#4 konfuzed

konfuzed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

After trying most of the suggestions, and spending 90 minutes on the phone with HP ,they determined that the scanner is defective! I am returning it today and I will let you know if that is indeed the problem when the new one arrives. Thanks

#5 konfuzed

konfuzed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

Well thats that. A new scanner and the problem was solved. I must say that the new scanner arrived very quickly. As a side note,while the new scanner worked great out of the box, I couldn't find the pictures I scanned regardless of the file I sent them to. A call to HP and they sent me a patch that quickly cured that issue.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:42 AM

Glad you resolved it, although I would have thought the chances for a defective new scanner rather small. Thanks for posting your resolution...happy computing:).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users