Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS- DELAYED WRITE FAILED

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rXg

rXg

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

Hi Friends,
I have a normal xp machine working like a data server in my company.Recently we upgraded our systems.
we have 5 xp os running machines in which SAGE ACCOUNTS software is installed.Recently i m getting a "Windows Delayed Write Failed Error" whenever i m trying to save sage backup on server.This is the error which appears in client pc.
“ WINDOWS- DELAYED WRITE FAILED”
Windows was unable to save all the data for the file\\SERVER\SAGEV2010\2008-2009-ACCDATA\SPLITS.DTA.
The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection.
Please try to save this file elsewhere". any help kindly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kingsmen

kingsmen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:23 AM

I am having this exact problem after having run this system for 3 years. Sage refer me to the windows articles all of which I have run and have made no difference. Now they say my system is not suitable for networking sage, afetr it has been fine for years.

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

HHmmmm...I am getting the same error on some of the computers I support when backing up using Backup4all. Common thread here seems to be failing back ups. Can either of you confirm when your problem started occuring. I think mine was about a month ago give or take.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 kingsmen

kingsmen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

It is apparently an error to do with settings, see windows article 330174.
Unfortunatly none of these settings have solved my problems.

I am now thinking it may be that my network switch/ setup cannot manage such large files, the file size is constantly enlarging as we add data.
Can you split your back ups or compress them?

#5 kingsmen

kingsmen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:29 AM

The error first occured on christmas eve, but then worked again. Only doing constently for about a week

#6 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

My setup had been working fine for over a year. The only thing that has changed is the windows updates and the file sizes. My file size increase has been rather small however. I do use a medium compression since it saves some time over the full compression. I'm running over a 1000baseT network. Incrementals take about 2 hours and full back ups about five hours. I am getting sporatic success as well sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks for the article I will check it out.
Mark Twain

#7 kingsmen

kingsmen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:20 AM

I have got around this problem in Sage by reducing the file size being used. I took several backups of data and ther cleared the audit trail to get the file down to a size that the network was happy with. I have solved the problem backing up emails on to the network by taking them directly in to a portable harddrive. It seems that however capable your network swithch or computer there will always be an upper limit to the size file it likes to send. And when taking backups corruption is not a risk we can afford to take.

#8 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:38 AM

Agreed...thanks for the info again......I learn something new everyday.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users