Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Websites failing to load/redirecting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mithos

Mithos

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

Hi, I'm having some strange problems.
In this house, there are a number of networked machines running on Windows XP, connected to the internet through a router.

A couple of the PCs have a funny redirect problem - google searches get hijacked and start going to ask jeeves or some shopping thing. (AVG and some online scanners returned nothing)

One PC has just been reformatted, and some problems still persist (perhaps a router malfunction?). Some sites just fail to load on it, and some games can't connect.

Sorry I can't give more details - but I'm happy to run any suggested checks.

Edited by hamluis, 08 August 2010 - 12:47 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

First download the FREE version of MalwareBytes, install it, update it, then perform a FULL system scan.

Mawarebytes Anti malware http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Post back your results, if you find infections, you may have to go to the AII forum section of BC to ask for assistance in cleaning your computer from experienced malware removal staff.

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users