Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SP2...installed, uninstalled....reinstall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noonytunes

noonytunes

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 07 October 2004 - 07:02 PM

I had to use application recover on Sept. 27th...I had SP2 installed...I've been trying to build things back up...because I lost my files. I can't get automatic update to work. I can't get my download history on Windows Updates. The Windows Updates page just freezes. I'm wondering if I should order the CD. I just go in circles with the pages on SP2 download. I can't get anywhere. Sorry if I'm not explaining this well enough for anyone to understand. I've worked so hard to get back from the wipe out. My noggin isn't quite up to par. Just wanted to see if anyone would have a clue.
noonytunes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 07 October 2004 - 07:20 PM

Noonytunes, first, I feel for you.

There wasn't an easy answer when I found myself in similar dire straits. This link is to a thread that you'll note (aug19th 2:58pm) contains details. Pay attention to the Aug24th reply. If nothin' else it may be food for thought 'til that elusive authoritative reply arrives.
Just when things are goin' fine somethin' else comes along to throw ya a curve :flowers:

I have the CD now. It took about two weeks to get it. I haven't used it yet. Sp2 is in place and fully functional. I will use it and CD's for the Office Suite in due time, next reformating I do. The slipstreaming is not as crucial if you have them & don't need to spend hours at windows update as was the case before SP2.

I've worked so hard to get back from the wipe out. My noggin isn't quite up to par. Just wanted to see if anyone would have a clue.

I'm sorry it is such a roundabout way to get a clue, but it does make sense. I had 4 CD's with data to fall back on. I simply copy/burn the current contents of my drives periodically, and still end up losin' one thing or another. I too have a noggin' dat 'taint always up to par. :thumbsup:

BTW, nan...whoops..noonytunes, too much Micrroospeak can do that to ya!!!

Edited by phawgg, 07 October 2004 - 08:10 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 noonytunes

noonytunes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:27 PM

gosh, phawgg, u r such a pheeling guy... :flowers: ...by morning, after a night's sleep, I might comprehend some of that thread you linked me to. This has been one of those days from he!!...the jungle of the real world, combined with frustrated attempts on this confounded machine. :trumpet: I'm a total dummy on the technical end of things...It sounds like you catch on quick. :thumbsup:
I'm gonna sleep on this...as soon as I associate a word up yonder on other board.
I appreciate the response.

Edited by noonytunes, 07 October 2004 - 10:28 PM.

noonytunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users