Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirecting and Browser Ads

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Digitallace

Digitallace

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

I just can't get rid of them.

The problem started on my laptop, and I was using Vista Ultimate. It came on all at once, so I assumed I had a virus. I got Norton 360 and ran it in both regular and safe mode. It found a few things, deleted them and I thought everything would be fine. It wasn't. So I tried Spybot and did the same thing. It found nothing at all, so I assumed the problem was just so deep that it had infected a registry. I then formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows completely. The first time logging in I had the same issue. Just visiting basic sites like Yahoo or Facebook with trigger it. Every time I do a web search, 1 out of 3 times I click something it will redirect me. I've used IE, Firefox, Chrome and Opera. All the same.

With another sweep of Norton, I found a series of 8 tracking cookies:

Threat Details
A tracking cookie is a file that can track your computing activities and report them to a third party.

Downloaded from Not Available

Cookies are downloaded onto your system through a Web browser.
Tracking cookie: Cookie:digitallace@advertising.com/
Removed
Tracking cookie: Cookie:digitallace@atwola.com/
Removed
Tracking cookie: Cookie:digitallace@tacoda.net/
Removed
Tracking cookie: Cookie:digitallace@at.atwola.com/
Removed
Tracking cookie: Cookie:digitallace@ar.atwola.com/html
Removed
Tracking cookie: Cookie:digitallace@atdmt.com/
Removed
Orphan cookie cleanup
Removed

----------------------
It seemed like the most logical thing affecting it. Trouble is, since Norton initially found these cookies, I've formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows again, bought and installed a NEW hard drive and installed Windows 7. Still I get the same problem. What can possibly outlast a new hard drive? I just don't know what to do now. Norton is still finding the same tracking cookies, so obviously the problem isn't fixed, just temporarily bandaged until the next time I use my internet.

I just want it gone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users