Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Tool infected my computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wranglerbaby

wranglerbaby

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

I went to Yahoo, typed in Azium, which is my horses breathing medication to try and find it cheaper than at the vets, and when I clicked on one of the returned links, it hit me with Security Tool. My friend gave me the link to Remove Security tool and I was following the directions. I already have AVG and Malware on my computer but it didn't stop Security Tool from getting into my laptop. I downloaded the Rkill, ran that then downloaded malware again and changed it to explorer.exe. Security tool was preventing me from opening either of them. I finally got explorer.exe ran and installed then it wouldn't let me open the malware. got it opened and started the scan after updating it and when it was going for about 20 minutes, I get a blue screen stating that windows had been shut down to protect it. I restarted by taking the battery out, because it wouldnt let me hit control alt delete, and tried to start in safemode. did this a few times and it kept starting regular. finally got it started in safe mode once and the fingertouch mouse and the red buttom mouse wouldnt work. couldnt right click on anything. got hit with a blue screen again. How can i speed up malware to prevent the blue screen ? right now im at 3 infections and 18 minutes and i think its going to shut down again soon.

By the way, I have Windows XP on a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop.

Edited by wranglerbaby, 08 August 2010 - 07:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users