Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had WinSecurity attack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 kbctrading

kbctrading

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:54 AM

I followed some instructions to get rid of WinSecurity from another site, but things have gotten much worse. I am in safe mode at the moment, because things are way slow, or freezing up if I start normally, and can not shut it down. upon startup, I get 2 dll errors. 1) Error Loading C:\WINDOWS\wsfonea.dll the specified module could not be found And 2) the same message with C:\WINDOWS\uluflpujililun.dll. Also, I have some proxy problems as well, I usually use firefox or chrome, but Explorer says i'm offline and will not connect. I cannot run windows update, or do anything at msn sites. I often am redirected when going to a site, and get tabs popping open by themselves as well now. I am on a laptop, it's a little older, it's an hp compaq nx9010 I have replaced the ram and hard drive a couple years ago. I am running XP Professional SP1a. My internet connection is usually Cricket broadband modem, although I am at a brothers house at the moment, using highspeed cable via a wireless router. also, I couldnt download all the programs from the preparation guide on this computer, but I downloaded them on another and put them on a thumb drive and put them on here. Before the WinSecurity thing, this computer ran pretty well, a little slower than others, but as I said, it's an older laptop. the only other real issue i've had, is it shutting down when I use it in a hot room or don't have a little ventilation under it. the cooling fans do both work. If anyone can help, I very much appreciate it, Thanks!

also, I had a trial version of winzip which has expired. is there a free version out there, or another comparable program I could use? I tried UnZip me, and couldnt open the GMER program, had to unzip it on another computer and then put it on here. Thanks again.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.

Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.

Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.

We need to create an OTL report,
  • Please download OTL from this link.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
    msconfig
    drivers32 /all
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    nvstor32
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    user32.dll
    ws2_32.dll
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan button.
  • The scan should take a few minutes.
  • Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new OTL log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

In your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log.

If I don't respond within 2 days, please feel free to PM me.
Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 kbctrading

kbctrading
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:21 AM

Thanks for your help.

I am able to use the computer now, it runs fair, but still have the .dll issues at startup. I have not done anything to repair it since I first contacted you. It does shut down ok, still have issues with msn sites, and using explorer. Another problem I have since this all started is, if I plug in my mini/micro reader to usb port to download pics & such from my phone, It doesn't work anymore. I just get : E:\ is not accessible. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
I never had that problem before the virus.
Thanks again for the help, the logs you requested are in the attachments, and once again,... Is there somewhere I could get winzip or another compatible program for free without a bunch of bs? thanks!

#4 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

Hi! Please don't forget to post the attachments.

Also, see this thread:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

for info on freeware replacements for compression software.

Please don't ask for help via PM. The forums are there for a reason. Please post in the forums so others may benefit as well.

Posted Image

#5 kbctrading

kbctrading
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:29 PM

Not sure why the attachments didnt post, trying again.

Attached Files

#6 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hello, kbctrading.

What symptoms do you currently have?

Registry Cleaner Warning

I also see that you have a Ccleaner installed. It is a great tool that I use. However, be careful of the registry cleaning functionality (versus file cleaning), Here at BC, we do not recommend using registry cleaners as they don't speed up your computer and they can do more harm than good if they remove a legitimate entry. If you do use it, make sure to use a tool like ERUNT to back up your registry first. Merely backing it up yourself via regedit wont' help you if you can't boot up as a result!

See here for more information:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1326578

Ask Toolbar Warning"

I see you have the Ask.Com toolbar installed. This often comes bundled with spyware and is recommended you remove.

Please see here for more information:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/uninstall/...sk-Toolbar.html

If you would like to remove it, please go to add/Remove Programs and uninstall it.

Step 1

Please download MBRCheck by ad_13 and save it to your desktop.

Double-click to run. A window will pop up. If it says 'non-standard' or 'infected' MBR code detected, please type 3 for Exit for now and press Enter.

It will save a logfile on your desktop that starts with MBR, then has the date, etc. Please copy and paste the contents of that log in your reply.

Step 2

Next, please download ComboFix from one of these locations:* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop as etavaresCF.exe
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
  • Double click on etavaresCF.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply, along with any symptoms that are present after it runs.

etavares

Posted Image

#7 kbctrading

kbctrading
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:48 AM

thanks again for the help. I still have the dll errors, and I get a dos page opening up before windows starts asking which program to start, but it only flashes for a second or so. My card reader has the same problem I told you about, but explorer is working now. attached are the two logs you requested, ty for the c cleaner info, & registry cleaner info!

jake

Attached Files

#8 kbctrading

kbctrading
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

also, I failed to mention, I would love to get rid of ask search, it sucks, I do not want it, cannot see it in add/remove programs, & can't find agloco either. any ideas?.... also, running a bit slower than usual, & freeze up once in a while...

#9 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:37 AM

Hello, kbctrading.
Can you please post the MBR check log? You accidentally posted the GMER log.

Are you still getting the dll errors for wsfonea.dll and ulufipujililun.dll? Combofix removed the entries, so you should not be getting warnings for those files after a reboot.

The DOS page allows you to get into the recovery console...that's an ultimate backup to let us fix an unbootable system if something goes wrong. No idea why Microsoft makes that optional versus installing it when you install windows. It's a great safety net.

We'll deal with ASK TB in a bit.

Does your card reader work with other computers?

Are you still getting redirected?

Step 1

Please post the MBR Check log...please run it again if you need to.

Step 2

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

DDS::
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5577
File::
c:\windows\Otologilim.bin
c:\windows\Knameziwak.dat
Registry::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"AntiVirusOverride"=dword:00000000
RegLock::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\Elevation]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\CLSID\{A483C63A-CDBC-426E-BF93-872502E8144E}\TypeLib]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}\ProxyStubClsid32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Classes\Interface\{E3F2C3CB-5EB8-4A04-B22C-7E3B4B6AF30F}\TypeLib]

Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt which I will require in your next reply.

etavares

Posted Image

#10 kbctrading

kbctrading
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

I am not getting the dll errors any more, and not being redirected. This is great, thank you much! Attached are the 2 logs you requested...

Attached Files

#11 kbctrading

kbctrading
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

also, not sure about the card reader on other computers, will try when I get a chance

#12 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hello, kbctrading.

Ok, let's continue on. Let me know if the card reader works when you try it on another computer. We may have to reinstall drivers if works on other computers but not this one. We'll also deal with the Ask Toolbar then. First, let's finish cleaning up first.

Step 1

Next, we need to update Java.
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 21 and save it to your desktop.
  • Scroll down to where it says "JDK 6 Update 21 (JDK or JRE)...allows end-users to run Java applications".
  • Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform: "Windows".
  • Select your Language: "Multi-language".
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • Click Continue and the page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) or Java™ in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u21-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

Step 2

Please pull anything out of the recycle bin that you want to save. Part of this fix will empty temp files, and that does include the recycle bin.

We need run an OTL Script
  1. Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors if you do not still have it.
  2. Save it to your desktop.
  3. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Paste the following code under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom. Do not include the word "Code".
    CODE
    :OTL
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - No CLSID value found.
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: []  File not found
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [hpqSRMon]  File not found
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [ISUSPM] C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe File not found
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [Qhukaxagawoyul] C:\WINDOWS\ulufipujililun.DLL File not found
    O4 - HKU\S-1-5-21-1085031214-1343024091-1600669363-1003..\Run: [Osiveter] C:\WINDOWS\wsfonea.DLL File not found
    O10 - Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\000000000001 -  File not found
    O10 - Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\000000000002 -  File not found
    O10 - Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\000000000003 -  File not found
    :Commands
    [EmptyTemp]
  5. Click the Run Fix button at the top.
  6. let the program run unhindered and reboot when it is done.
  7. You will get a log when it is done, please post that in your reply.
  8. Please then create a new OTL report....
  9. Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  10. Push the button.
  11. A report will open, copy and paste it in a reply here.

Step 3

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Check
  5. Click the button.
  6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  7. Check
  8. Push the Start button.
  9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  10. When the scan completes, push
  11. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  12. Push the button.
  13. Push

etavares

Posted Image

#13 kbctrading

kbctrading
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:41 AM

I tried the card reader in another computer, it worked fine. I tried it again on this one in a different usb port, & it worked. attached are the two logs you requested, and once again, thank you very much for your help!

Attached Files

#14 etavares

etavares

Bleepin' Remover

• Malware Response Team
  • 15,514 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

Hello, kbctrading.
The ESET only picked up something we already took care of, so that's good.

Please post a new OTL quick scan. I'll confirm it looks clean and we can remove the Ask Toolbar.

etavares

Posted Image

#15 kbctrading

kbctrading
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:37 AM

Attached is the new scan. The puter has been running much better, and all the things you have addressed seem to be back to normal, other than the last 2 or 3 days, it's gotten painfully slow when I first turn it on. Once I restart it 3 0r 4 times, it seems to run along pretty well. thanks once again for all your help!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users