Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Settings Preventing Activex

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Frank Vasquez

Frank Vasquez

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

"Security Settings Do Not allow websites to use ActiveX Controls running on this computer" is the error I get when I browse to www.msicomputer.com and it tries to load the macromedia headers.

I have changed my security settings to "Enable" and even added msicomputer and Macromedia to the "Trusted Sites" area, but still not allowing.

Here's when it started:

I had IE 7.0 Beta and then uninstalled it and it reverted to IE 6.0.2900 SP2, and that's when it started.

I also downloaded the latest Java 1.5.0 and I am getting "The source of this error is java.lang.NullPointerException at jsp_servlet._portlets._fyisupport.__index._jspService(Ljavax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;Ljavax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;)V(index.jsp:11) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(Ljavax.servlet.ServletRequest;Ljavax.servlet.ServletResponse;)V(Optimized Method) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run()Ljava.lang.Object;(Optimized Method) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet...." when I am trying to load my company's home page.

My company home page works fine in Firefox, but not IE. I would just use Firefox, but our website only supports IE when running some Oracle reports, so I need IE to work with it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users