Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome is king??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:20 AM

With firefox becoming more slow and more of a target I may be moving over to chrome. There is little holding me back from staying with firefox. I assume a lot of people have made the transition any good reason to stay with firefox anymore?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:00 AM

Tried Chrome, thought it was pretty good, but lack of a good ad blocker made me go back to Firefox. I also think when you add FasterFox to firefox it blows chrome away.

Firefox is still secure, btw. Heck most browsers if kept up-to-date and have decent security/cookies/script settings are secure.

Edited by NpaMA, 08 August 2010 - 05:00 AM.

#3 LeveledHead

LeveledHead

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

Been using chrome for quite a while now.

Its adblocker works, but imo is flawed in the fact that it briefly pops up the ad before killing it. Not sure why it does that.

I occasionally miss my extensions, but not enough to put up with a slow-ass browser.

Yes, I've got fasterfox installed. Doesn't help.

#4 Oseyerus13

Oseyerus13

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

While I always loved the speed of Chrome, I initially stuck with Firefox because of the extensions. As soon as Chrome allowed extensions, I've found I only use Firefox every once in a while when certain sites I manage websites for required Firefox or IE.

#5 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

Been using chrome for quite a while now.

Its adblocker works, but imo is flawed in the fact that it briefly pops up the ad before killing it. Not sure why it does that.

I occasionally miss my extensions, but not enough to put up with a slow-ass browser.

Yes, I've got fasterfox installed. Doesn't help.

Just curious what you chose in the options? If you're still willing to give it a shot, go with "Turbo Charged" or manually change settings. I can notice a pretty big difference, tbh. I'm typing this right now on Firefox 4 beta, with faster fox.

#6 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

With firefox becoming more slow and more of a target I may be moving over to chrome. There is little holding me back from staying with firefox. I assume a lot of people have made the transition any good reason to stay with firefox anymore?

You should use Chromium or SRWare Iron instead. Those do not feature Google's tracking spyware that tracks every website you manually enter.

Regarding the Chromium browser, I really like it's speed but I do not like it's lack of options. It's a very plain and simple browser without much configuration at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users