Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invisible popups?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tlindstrom

tlindstrom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:28 AM

Hello! Okay, so here's the deal:

I'm running Windows XP. My windows keep getting unfocused, and my fullscreen applications (games, mostly... it doesn't seem to happen with films)
get minimized. This happens automatically, at any time, with maybe 10-15 minutes inbetween, some times more often, some times more seldom.

I guess this is caused by some disturbance by another program. I read that this has been caused by AVG antivirus, but deinstalling AVG didn't help,
and I know the problem started occuring before I had AVG, since I installed AVG to try fixing this problem.

I've been thinking that there are some sort of invisible powerups appearing, and that these are the reason for the loss of focus. Some times, when I uninstall software, I'm told that I need to close Internet Explorer to be able to deinstall, even when Internet Explorer is closed (and can even not be found among the processes in Process Explorer). The name of the IE windows seem to suggest that these are ads, so I've been thinking that I've got some sort of malware on my PC.

But nothing seems to fix the problem. I've tried several antivirus programs, but noone seems to have detected it. But it's there, and I'm almost certain I get some sort of invisible popups! I've tried HijackThis and as I mentioned, Sysinternals (though only with very basic understanding of how these work), but I can't seem to find anything!

Would anyone know how to solve this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tlindstrom

tlindstrom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

bump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic