Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google search results redirected,CPU usage going upto 100%

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 collegian

collegian

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hello All,

I am having multiple issues with my laptop:

1) Google search redirect virus: When I click on search results using google search toolbar on ff-3.6.8,I get redirected to infomash.com or stopzilla.com or some other similar website instead of the required website.

2) The CPU usage is shown to be very high,at times even 100% even when there is no application running on my system.I feel that there are some hidden processes running since none of the running processes are consuming that much CPU. Sometimes windowsexplore.exe is shown to be taking a lot of CPU.

3) When I open IE (IE 8,I recently upgraded from 7 to 8) I can see that there are multiple instances of iexplore.exe running.

4) A few days back Malwarebytes was deleted automatically.However,I was able to re-install and run it.

I tried to use Malwarebytes but it could not detect anything! I tried to use GMER but it crashes after running for a while.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by collegian, 07 August 2010 - 08:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 collegian

collegian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

I reformatted my system! Thanks anyways.

#3 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Glad you were able to fix your problem, though formatting at the first sight of trouble does seem a bit extreme. But again, glad everything works now.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users