These problems are a bear to sort out - if you've got a spare video card, take the current one out and put the spare in to see if the problem continues.
Otherwise, here's the drill:
A) Run SFC.EXE /SCANNOW to ensure that your system files are intact.
1) Visit Windows Update and get all available updates
2) Update your BIOS (which you've done already)
3) Update your VIA 4in1 drivers (I think they're called Hyperion now)
4) Update any other motherboard (but not integrated devices) drivers
5) Uninstall the nVidia drivers and use one of the following freeware tools to remove all traces of the drivers:http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=806http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3233http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3214http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=865
6) Reinstall the latest WHQL certified drivers (Microsoft certifies them to work with Windows)
7) Update your NIC/Modem, Audio, and any other integrated devices drivers
8) Update the rest of your drivers.
And, if all this fails - I'd suspect that the vid card is bad.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.