Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Program has encountered a problem and needs to close" error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sabaithaime

sabaithaime

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

I am getting the (program) "has encountered a problem and needs to close error report with a number of programs on my PC."

It started with Outlook (2003) then Sony Media Manager and now Mailwasher Pro. I can use Outlook to send and receive messages OK and the error only appears as Outlook is closing down. My Mailwasher Pro update won’t run at all and produces the error report when I try to run it.

In the last couple of weeks I have tried to download a number of programs, some install and run OK and some produce the above error report when I try to run them.

I was able to download, install and run Media Monkey and Anvir Task manager OK. The problem seems to be with some problems and not others.

The nearest event I can think of that coincided with the start of this problem was the installation of a program called Evernote which I have since uninstalled.

Extra info: I HAVE used Black Vipers site to alter my system services and I do use Revo uninstaller to uninstall unwanted programs.

My system is Windows XP home sp3

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

1. Do a repair install of your O/S.

2. Stop making edits which cripple your O/S.

And a third one...if you install a program and problems follow...uninstall that program.

Louis

#3 sabaithaime

sabaithaime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

1. Do a repair install of your O/S.

2. Stop making edits which cripple your O/S.

And a third one...if you install a program and problems follow...uninstall that program.

Louis

1. What do you by mean stop making edits which cripple your O/S
2. Evernote seemed to cause a problem so I uninstalled it!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:42 PM

<<I HAVE used Black Vipers site to alter my system services and I do use Revo uninstaller to uninstall unwanted programs.>>

Louis

#5 sabaithaime

sabaithaime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

<<I HAVE used Black Vipers site to alter my system services and I do use Revo uninstaller to uninstall unwanted programs.>>

Louis

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users