Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exploit Phoenix Exploit Kit (type 1112) and Exploit Rogue Scanner (type 1148)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 djmental

djmental

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

My PC's been running wierd for about a week now and in that time numerous infections have been found, quarantined and removed. Last virus scan came back clear 'hooray!'... or so i thought...

I use AVG free 8.5 and within the space of 45 mins i have received two seperate threat alerts.

The first one was exploit phoenix exploit kit type 1112

and the second one was exploit rogue scanner type 1148

The next step was unplugging it and drop kicking it out the window until these threat alerts popped up as it proves the machine is still under the influence of something.

Can someone please advise me on the 'whats', 'hows' and 'whens' to restore my PC back to how it should be?

Many much thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users