Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with IE and Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hboschb

hboschb

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

I'm running Windows XP SP3 with IE7 (preferred) and Firefox (backup).

I got hit with Desktop Security 2010 and have spent the past four weeks working with someone on the Virus,Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum to clean it up. There are no signs of any virus or malware in the reports anymore, but I'm still having issues with IE and Firefox, so he suggested I post in this forum.

I'm getting lots of errors and having problems with functionality, e.g., on Google.com - "Error on Page", no menu (images, maps, gmail, etc.), no autofill suggestions when typing in the search box. Slideshows don't run on some websites, and nothing happens when clicking on some links. When I try to log into other websites, the page refreshes instead of logging in.

I had the same problems when I upgraded to IE8. I went back to IE7, then to IE6, and back to IE7. With IE6, I no longer get an "Error on Page" message on Google , but still have all of the other issues. Also, when I launch IE, instead of opening my homepage, I get directed to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx and there is an "Error on Page" message.

In addition to changing versions of IE, I have also reset my IE settings.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2010 - 03:56 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users