Okay, I appear to be up and running again also. What I did was... there was a message that appeared to be from my AVG program indicating the infected file was "uxkiqryls\eevtugdtssd.exe" I did a search on my PC and it turned up a folder "uxkiqryls" and 3 files in it "eevtugdtssd..." with various extentions on them. I deleated the 3 files but it wouldn't let me delete the "uxkiqryls" folder so I renamed the folder by adding "old" to the end of it. Rebooted the PC and before I tried to connect to the internet, I opened my AVG and it opened AND connected to the internet for an update. ran the AVG but found nothing. Did the same with Ad-Aware and Spybot. They both opened, updated and ran without finding anything major. After I ran the virus and malware programs I tried to connect to my ISP, no luck BUT no messages about threats or buying an anti-virus program from antivi Pro or antispy.com.
I went and did a System Restore. the first date offered was today but I wasn't going there since today is when the problems started. The nex restore date offered was July 31 when I made some changes to my MS Office, so I went with that date. After the restore all seems fine as I am doing this reply for my XP PC.
Hope our problems are gone and I still have no idea how or where they came from because I had not received or opened any strange emails or gone to any new web sites.
Best of luck.
Edited by tpscruiser, 07 August 2010 - 07:52 PM.