Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conflicting Hardware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nawillar

nawillar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

Over the past week or so I've noticed a few issues coming up with my HP dv6000, and I believe that they might possibly be related. These are my issues:
1- Aero transparency will not work
2- I'm getting a "code 12" error when I look at my Nvidia display adaptor and also my standard openHCD USB host controller, which from my research means there is a resource conflict between the two issues, and that there is "not enough resources on the computer to run the hardware"
3- My hardware accelerator will not run

While I'm not sure this is the problem, I think that the display adaptor and the USB host controller are not wanting to work together, which is screwing up my aero and the hardware accelerator. If anyone has had these series of problems or may know what the issue is, I would love your help. Hours of research have so far helped very little. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I read your description above and noticed by the wording you used, that you are saying you originally did not have this issue, but then suddenly this issue did pop up. Does this sound correct?

Did you recently use Windows 7's Performance information and tools which is found in the control panel menus?

AeroPeak can be disabled within that feature, you may want to go there and see if you can turn it back on.

You may have ran an older program such as an older video game which set your video back to a lower resolution with less colors available at 16 Bit and failed to allow Windows to go back to 32 or 64 Bit color.

I would first try going to the control panel and click the link to Performance information and tools and check the status there, then post back and describe what you see.

Pay attention to the link on the left that says visual effects. That is the one you want to click on.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 07 August 2010 - 11:45 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

Another thing you can do is run Microsofts FIXIT!

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit#tab1

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users