Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

import email messages from outlook into windows live mail

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 metrypc

metrypc

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:13 AM

How do I import email messages into Windows Live Mail? Help!!! Thanks.

Bill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 2-Cups

2-Cups

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

I wish I knew what to advise you on this topic, but I also find myself in the same position. I recently purchased this new laptop, with windows 7 installed on it. I also decided to upgrade my Microsoft Office from the 2000 version, to the Student/Office 2010. Several hours after roaming through the Office program went by, and then I noticed that Outlook Express is not included with that program, but can be purchased for an additional $149.00

Windows Live setup didn't go well either. I tried to run the wizard, and set up an email account, but I never could get the sign-on to acknowledge the password for the windows live, or the email account/s Gmail, or others that it stated would import all contacts from the old account (Outlook Express).
I'm not using Windows Live becuse of this, but to be more honest, i'm not really sure what the importance of the program is, other than using it for Video email of sort. I just let it stay closed, and go on without Windows Live right now.

Hope everything works out for you, and maybe we can both benefit from any responses on this topic.

Have a great day,
2-Cups

#3 metrypc

metrypc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

Then how do you convert outlook files to outlook express?

#4 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:39 PM

As far as i know, Window Live Mail is only used with Hotmail, or the newer @live.com domain. I stopped using WLM and been using the Hotmail connector for Outlook. Having my emails sent to outlook is just like using WLM, but with the whole boatload of Office tools to use with it. I still like using a web based email istead of my ISP provided email, because my emails are always "stored" on Hotmails servers, and can be accessed anywhere, where my ISP it is sent to my computer once, and the copy is only stored locally on that computer (with Outlook)

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

See if this helps you to convert from Outlook to Outlook Express:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5166282_convert-ou...ok-express.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users