Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect virus and malware update issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 misticspear

misticspear

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

CPU: Dell inspiron E1505 labtop

Ok here is the deal. My cpu got infested gave me a blue screen and would not even load windows. I sent it to the shop and it got cleaned and i get it back today and now i still have the redirect issues. The only other thing on the network is my ps3 and that has seemed to be infected as well (even though no one believes it is possible; like im too stupid to realize what it is i clicked) i have tried to use malwearbytes but it refuses to update i get the error MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007 , 0, winhttpsendrequest). I have run scans with super anti spyware (free), eset online antivirus symantac antivirus full version 10.1.7.7000 spybot search an destroy; i have high jack this downloaded but i wont dare use it without guidance and finally ccleaner. A couple programs picked up small things but nothing that fixes any of my main problems with redirect virus or malwarebytes not being able to update. im beat any help would be highly appreciated because i know this is a subject being beaten to death at this time

Edited by hamluis, 07 August 2010 - 07:56 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:07 PM

Hi -
Try this with your Malwarebytes program first -
To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully
Windows XP:
  • Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important
After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -
Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

#3 misticspear

misticspear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

I actually tried this once but with slightly different directions. I tried it again with yours and when it goes to update it is still doing the same thing. I have also tried to get the manual update but the virus makes it so i cant go to sites that have it.

Edited by misticspear, 07 August 2010 - 10:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users