Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Malware/Virus takeover

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PrpleHze

PrpleHze

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

On Tuesday night, my kids were playing games on the computer at a kids website and when they were done I noticed a Virus scanner was going on at the bottom of my screen, which wasn't mine. I clicked on the scanner to stop it and brought up the task manager to try and close it. It wouldn't close. So I shut down my computer, and rebooted it in the safe mode so I could delete it and use the System Restore to get rid of it. But it wouldn't work. It told me that there weren't any System Restore points.
So I shut the computer all the way down and read to start the computer again in Safe mode with commands and type in the exe to the system restore. It still would not work.

When I bring up the computer in normal mode, I cannot do anything. Everything I click on it pops up a box and states that it is infected. I cannot access anything in the normal mode. I cannot even shut it down. The only way to shut it down is to hold down the power button.

I am not computer savvy. But, I do know a little bit.

I asked someone online and they stated that it was not a virus and that it was a really bad malware. I have unplugged it and it is down sitting under my desk as a huge paperweight right now. Is there anything that I can do to save it.

Thank you for any help.

Oh, and on that computer I was running IE and Windows Vista with Windows Defender.

Edited by PrpleHze, 06 August 2010 - 03:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PrpleHze

PrpleHze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Never mind. I looked at the top of the page under the spyware removal and find the vicious thing that had the computer. So I am back up and running. Thanks guys so much!!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users