Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalwaredoctor virus?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tyl604

tyl604

• Members
  • 373 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Gateway laptop M6750, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz 1.67 Ghz, 32 bit operating system, 3.00 GB Ram, running Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1.

Think I have a virus. Keep getting pop ups from Antimalwaredoctor saying that there are 22 infections; then the pop up says that I am not running the professional version so it cannot clean it. Then I get several pop ups asking if I am SURE that I want to go on unprotected before it finally seems to go away. Asks me to sign up for the professional version of Antimalwaredoctor which I suspect is a scam. Then I get pop ups saying something is trying to steal my bank and paypal and other passwords and I have three minutes to react. Obviously a scam or virus.

I think it is preventing me from getting to the internet in the usual manner. However I got there after Windows Updates accessed the internet looking for updates. I typed Trend Micro Free Housecall in the top right box; hit the search spyglass and seemingly got to the Trend Micro website. I downloaded Free Housecall but when I hit Run to run the download, it kept saying that I am not on the internet. So it looks like something is preventing me from running Free Housecall.

Also unable to run System Restore. Believe it is blocking me from running System Restore. System Restore finally seems to begin to run after several tries but after about the second screen it says there are problems with my disk and I need to run Chkdsk. However when I tell it to run Chkdsk, it says it cannot do so because the disk is running. DUH. Says that it will run Chkdsk automatically if I reboot. So I reboot and get no evidence that it is running Chkdsk. However when I try to run System Restore it gives me the same error problem and again says I need to run Chkdsk.

Need help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 carissa_lee_

carissa_lee_

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:05 AM

Hello,

Have you seen this?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...imalware-doctor

It is a tutorial to remove what sounds like the same virus you have, at least by name. Hope it helps :thumbsup: Anytime I have needed to use tutorials I have found here to remove malware like this, they have worked great for me.

Edited by carissa_lee_, 08 August 2010 - 03:07 AM.

#3 tyl604

tyl604
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 373 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the link. I looked for it earlier but did not see the antimalware doctor one. The problem now is that I cannot get back linked to the internet on the sick computer.

Thanks again.

#4 tyl604

tyl604
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 373 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Carissa Lee - thanks for the help. It is all cleaned out and running fine again.

Much appreciated.

Good forum.

#5 carissa_lee_

carissa_lee_

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

Good to hear :thumbsup: This site has the best tutorials, at least I think so! I recommend many people to come here for the tutorials alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users