Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Base2paneform - Program Not Responding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gsatt

gsatt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:04 AM

Everytime I shut down my Dell Dimension 4800C, I get a pop-up that says that 'base2PaneForm is not responding'. I have searched my hard drive and the Internet unsuccessfully trying to find out what program might be causing this to run on my PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:47 AM

Do you have an HP printer/device? Most of my searching points to a problem with the HP Software/driver that could be the possible cause for this error. Although there is nothing that really confirms this.

If you do have and HP device, I would recommend that you re-install the software for it.

Let us know.
JC

#3 Elixer

Elixer

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:03 AM

Hi there,

That application is related to your HP software suite, however it is not needed for your printer to function properly. Most printers these days comes with additional software to monitor ink level, print management, etc. but in most cases, everything you need to print is already built into Windows XP.

I would disable this program from starting up by using the following procedure:

1. Click Start, and Select "Run".

2. Type in MSCONFIG in the run command line.

3. Select the Startup Tab.

4. Look for the application in question and uncheck the box. The lists all applications that startup automatically. You may want to disable anything you don't want to automatically startup each time you boot up Microsoft Windows XP.

Good luck.

Regards,

Bill
Resident Geek

"There is an answer to every question, but is there an answer to every problem?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users