Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clicking / Airwick virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mal80

mal80

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

For a couple of days I've noticed an occasional clicking noise while using the internet, like a new page is being opened, but nothing happens. Then, today, an audio Airwick advert started to play at random intervals. Can you please help me figure out the problem? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TotalLackOfAnyCommonSense

TotalLackOfAnyCommonSense

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

For a couple of days I've noticed an occasional clicking noise while using the internet, like a new page is being opened, but nothing happens. Then, today, an audio Airwick advert started to play at random intervals. Can you please help me figure out the problem? Thanks.

I have this too, anyone got any idea what to do?

#3 carissa_lee_

carissa_lee_

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:20 AM

Have you tried downloading/scanning with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware?
They have a great tutorial on it here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...alware-tutorial

You could try that first? I would definetely suggest posting any logs in this thread if you do run a scan with it, so if it needs to be looked into further, a BC mod or advisor or something could have a better idea what you're up against.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users