Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"suiykhmy" has stopped working.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 macphist0

macphist0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

Posted Image

Basically I just recently went into safe mode to clean up my comp with malwarebytes+rkill, and removed everything it found. And then when I returned to normal duty, this thing pops up every 10 minutes. I used malwarebytes again and found nothing, I also searched the registry for it and it came up with nothing.

Any ideas what this is? And how to stop it popping up all the time?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

Did you download some kind of 'hack' tool? Show hidden files and folders ..Control Panel > Folder options> click view tab>
Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files.
Press the Apply button and then the OK button

Search for KB1771266.exe (application) and delete it. You may have to go into safe mode if it won't delete normally.
Once you've done the above, re-hide hidden files and folders, and reboot. Are you still getting the error message?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users