Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Welp8803

Welp8803

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:49 AM

I was initially infected with Fake Anti Vir Pro when I clicked on an image in Google images and then Java launched and I was infected. Following an online guide, I removed several lines from my Registry and stopped all the annoying popups and fake virus warnings. I have run Norton 360 and McAfee Stinger but the following problem persists.

When clicking on a link in google search I am almost always redirected to a different page that usually appears similar in content but is clearly different. usually a link aggregate. Twitter search is also compromised replacing my search terms with a seeming random string.

A new window will sometimes spontaneously open.

Since this occurred I often disable my wireless connection. Sometime later, I will find that my connection icon has reappeared and seems to be transmitting, but
my browser is not functioning, and when I check my Network connections I find the Wireless Network Connection still reads disabled. If I try to change, the program becomes unresponsive and I will reboot my computer to clear it up.

I occasionally get an error message saying a Win32 process has stopped and report the issue to Microsoft. This appears to be legitimate and not a fake popup.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shannon2012

Shannon2012

• Security Colleague
  • 3,657 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:

Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice

Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:

How to create a GMER log

Shannon

#3 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

#4 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi and welcome to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum,

I am thcbytes and I am here to help you!

I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.

Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.

Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

After 5 days if your topic is not replied I we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.

I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!

Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.

==========

1. Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
  2. Save it to your desktop.
  3. Double click on the icon on your desktop.

Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to All
    • Change Standard Registry to All

4. Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word "Code"

CODE
    netsvcs
    msconfig
    safebootminimal
    safebootnetwork
    activex
    drivers32
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.exe /s
    %APPDATA%\*.
    %APPDATA%\*.exe /s
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    userinit.exe
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

5. Push
  6. A report will open. Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.
  7. Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
    • OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

==========

Scan With RKUnHooker
  • Please Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.
  • Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.
  • Click the Report tab, then click Scan.
  • Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.
  • Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.
  • Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.
Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.

Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore

"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!
It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

==========

Please download MBRCheck to your desktop
  • Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (With Vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)
  • It will show a Black screen with some data on it
  • A log named MBRcheck will be on your desktop
  • Copy and paste that log in your next reply

==========

With your next post please provide:

* OTL.txt
* Extra.txt
* RKU log
* MbrCheck log
* Please provide me a detailed description of your current troubles.

Kind regards,
~t
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

#5 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed again!
Posted Image

#6 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

This is your last chance. Please reply promptly. If I have to close it a 3rd time then you will have to start anew. Please follow my instructions here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1892638
Posted Image

#7 Welp8803

Welp8803
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:42 AM

I have run the reports you asked for.
The issues are the same. When I click on certain sites, I get an extra tab advertising some make money from home scam.
But this does not happen on my other computer even on the same site.
I also get my searches hijacked, so Instead of going to amazon say, I am redirected to a weird book selling site, or a link aggregate.
Thank You for your help.

Attached Files

Edited by Welp8803, 24 August 2010 - 06:47 AM.

#8 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hello,

RKill by Grinler
Link #1
Link #2
Link #3
Link #4
  • Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Download Link #1.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click the RKill desktop icon.
    If you are using Vista please right click and run as Admin!
  • A black screen will briefly flash indicating a successful run.
  • If this does not occur please delete that application and download Link #2.
  • Continue process until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links tell me about it.
  • It shall produce a log located at C:\RKill. Please copy and paste it into your next reply.

===========

Download and Run ComboFix (by sUBs)

You must rename it before saving it.

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

Save thcbytes.exe to your Desktop <-- Important!!!
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. Please refer to this link for instructions.

• Double click on thcbytes.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it will produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own.
This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper

==========

* RKill log
* Combofix.txt
* Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply
* How is your computer running now?

Kind regards,
~t
Posted Image

#9 Welp8803

Welp8803
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:10 AM

Here are the reports you asked for.
So far the computer seems to be clear of the malware pop-ups.
I am unable to restart Norton360 and am going to try a restart and if that doesn't work, re-install the program. I will let you know how that works out.
Thank You for your help.

Attached Files

#10 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:51 AM

Hello,

Please note!!!

Copy and paste the logs. Do not attach them. I will do it for you this time.

Please only do as I have requested!! Please re-read my intro here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1892638

==========

Give me some time to review those logs and post your next step.

==========

ComboFix 10-08-24.0A - Erik Waddell 08/25/2010 6:50.1.2 - x86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.1014.695 [GMT -4:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Desktop\thcbytes.exe
AV: Norton 360 *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {E10A9785-9598-4754-B552-92431C1C35F8}
FW: Norton 360 *enabled* {7C21A4C9-F61F-4AC4-B722-A6E19C16F220}

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

c:\windows\afeqejejohehucu.dll
c:\windows\atemesum.dll
c:\windows\ofupediw.dll
c:\windows\ovoqoseje.dll
c:\windows\system32\AutoRun.inf

Infected copy of c:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys was found and disinfected
Restored copy from - Kitty had a snack tongue.gif
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2010-07-25 to 2010-08-25 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-08-20 15:40 . 2010-08-20 15:40 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple
2010-08-19 16:34 . 2010-08-19 16:34 503808 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\SystemCache\6.0\4\7ec4bf04-45c89065-n\msvcp71.dll
2010-08-19 16:34 . 2010-08-19 16:34 499712 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\SystemCache\6.0\4\7ec4bf04-45c89065-n\jmc.dll
2010-08-19 16:34 . 2010-08-19 16:34 348160 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\SystemCache\6.0\4\7ec4bf04-45c89065-n\msvcr71.dll
2010-08-19 16:34 . 2010-08-19 16:34 61440 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\SystemCache\6.0\42\4488892a-6cf49309-n\decora-sse.dll
2010-08-19 16:34 . 2010-08-19 16:34 12800 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\SystemCache\6.0\42\4488892a-6cf49309-n\decora-d3d.dll
2010-08-11 20:11 . 2010-08-11 20:11 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Skype
2010-08-01 19:57 . 2010-08-01 19:57 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe
2010-08-01 19:57 . 2010-08-01 19:57 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\LocalService\Application Data\AdobeUM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2010-08-24 22:12 . 2009-05-18 15:55 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\U3
2010-07-25 22:44 . 2009-04-29 13:15 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Help
2010-07-21 21:15 . 2010-07-21 21:14 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\CCleaner
2010-07-21 08:47 . 2010-07-21 08:47 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\Application Data\AdobeUM
2010-07-15 16:33 . 2010-07-15 16:33 96512 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\anfpbdhz.sys
2010-07-15 07:43 . 2010-07-15 07:43 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec
2010-07-15 02:10 . 2009-05-07 00:17 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\DivX
2010-07-15 02:10 . 2009-09-15 14:51 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Coupons
2010-07-14 21:01 . 2010-07-14 20:55 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-14 20:55 806 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.INF
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-14 20:55 7456 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.CAT
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-14 20:55 60808 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-14 20:55 124976 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-14 20:55 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Symantec
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-15 03:06 217136 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\symtdi.sys
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-15 03:06 310320 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SymEFA.sys
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-15 03:06 43696 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\srtspx.sys
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-15 03:06 482432 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\cchpx86.sys
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-15 03:06 259632 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\drivers\BHDrvx86.sys
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2010-07-14 20:55 36400 ----a-r- c:\windows\system32\drivers\SymIM.sys
2010-07-14 20:55 . 2009-05-06 01:29 26600 ----a-r- c:\windows\system32\drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
2010-07-14 20:54 . 2009-05-06 01:29 107368 ----a-r- c:\windows\system32\GEARAspi.dll
2010-07-14 20:54 . 2010-07-14 20:53 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Norton 360
2010-07-14 20:53 . 2010-07-14 20:53 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Windows Sidebar
2010-07-14 20:53 . 2010-07-14 20:53 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton
2010-07-14 20:50 . 2010-07-14 20:50 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\NortonInstaller
2010-07-14 20:50 . 2010-07-14 20:50 -------- d-----w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\NortonInstaller
2010-07-02 16:26 . 2010-07-02 16:25 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\iTunes
2010-07-02 16:25 . 2010-07-02 16:25 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\iPod
2010-07-02 16:25 . 2009-05-06 01:28 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Common Files\Apple
2010-07-02 16:20 . 2010-07-02 16:20 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Bonjour
2010-07-02 16:16 . 2010-07-02 16:16 72504 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer\Installer Cache\iTunes 9.2.0.61\SetupAdmin.exe
2010-06-20 11:44 . 2010-06-20 11:44 69514 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Actions\Droplet Logo.exe
2010-06-20 05:20 . 2010-06-20 05:19 1063320 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\gotomypc_533.exe
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 73728 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RBRegEx350.dll
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 67072 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\LP0310.dll
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 61952 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\rbap350.dll
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 41472 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MBSPlugin.DLL
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 40960 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\RBShell400.dll
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 37888 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MBSRegistryPlugin.DLL
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 35328 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MBSFolderPlugin.DLL
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 31744 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MBSMacTTPlugin.DLL
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 29184 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\LP0301Gestalt.dll
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 28160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\MBSRegPlugin.DLL
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 28160 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\LP0301ResFork.dll
2010-06-19 14:17 . 2010-06-19 14:17 27648 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\LP0301LinkFile.dll
2010-06-14 14:31 . 2009-04-29 02:22 744448 ----a-w- c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpsvc.exe
2010-06-05 14:58 . 2009-06-12 13:56 38784 ----a-w- c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\airappinstaller\airappinstaller.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe" [2010-02-18 248040]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="c:\program files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2010-06-20 35760]
"Adobe ARM"="c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe" [2010-06-09 976832]
"QuickTime Task"="c:\program files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2010-03-18 421888]
"iTunesHelper"="c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2010-06-15 141624]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Acrobat Assistant.lnk - c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe [2003-10-24 217194]
Adobe Gamma.lnk - c:\program files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe [2005-3-16 113664]
Audible Download Manager.lnk - c:\program files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe [2009-4-29 1787224]
Google Calendar Sync.lnk - c:\program files\Google\Google Calendar Sync\GoogleCalendarSync.exe [2008-10-2 546288]
HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk - c:\program files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe [2007-3-11 210520]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\SymEFA.sys]
@="FSFilter Activity Monitor"

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk]
path=c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnkCommon Startup

[HKLM\~\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^Microsoft Office.lnk]
path=c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Microsoft Office.lnk
backup=c:\windows\pss\Microsoft Office.lnkCommon Startup

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Broadcom Wireless Manager UI]
2005-12-19 13:08 1347584 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\WLTRAY.EXE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\ctfmon.exe]
2008-04-14 00:12 15360 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HotKeysCmds]
2007-03-31 00:00 162584 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\HP Software Update]
2005-05-12 03:12 49152 ----a-w- c:\program files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\IgfxTray]
2007-03-31 00:00 138008 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\iTunesHelper]
2010-06-15 20:33 141624 ----a-w- c:\program files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\Persistence]
2007-03-30 23:59 138008 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\QuickTime Task]
2010-03-18 01:53 421888 ----a-w- c:\program files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\SigmatelSysTrayApp]
2006-03-24 21:30 282624 ----a-w- c:\windows\stsystra.exe

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\services]
"odserv"=3 (0x3)
"iPod Service"=3 (0x3)
"gusvc"=3 (0x3)
"Apple Mobile Device"=2 (0x2)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\OUTLOOK.EXE"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre6\\bin\\javaw.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqtra08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqste08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpofxm08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposfx08.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hposid01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqscnvw.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqkygrp.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpqCopy.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpfccopy.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpzwiz01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqPhUnl.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\Unload\\HpqDIA.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\HP\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\hpoews01.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
"3389:TCP"= 3389:TCP:*:Disabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22009

R2 N360;Norton 360;c:\program files\Norton 360\Engine\3.8.0.41\ccSvcHst.exe [7/14/2010 11:06 PM 117640]
R3 EraserUtilRebootDrv;EraserUtilRebootDrv;c:\program files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys [7/15/2010 3:18 AM 102448]
S0 SymEFA;Symantec Extended File Attributes;c:\windows\system32\drivers\N360\0308000.029\SYMEFA.SYS --> c:\windows\system32\drivers\N360\0308000.029\SYMEFA.SYS [?]
S1 BHDrvx86;Symantec Heuristics Driver;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\N360\0308000.029\BHDrvx86.sys --> c:\windows\system32\Drivers\N360\0308000.029\BHDrvx86.sys [?]
S1 ccHP;Symantec Hash Provider;c:\windows\system32\Drivers\N360\0308000.029\ccHPx86.sys --> c:\windows\system32\Drivers\N360\0308000.029\ccHPx86.sys [?]
S1 IDSxpx86;IDSxpx86;c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\Norton\Definitions\IPSDefs\20100823.002\IDSXpx86.sys [8/24/2010 8:47 PM 331640]
S2 gupdate;Google Update Service (gupdate);c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [10/7/2009 8:04 PM 133104]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
HPZ12 REG_MULTI_SZ Pml Driver HPZ12 Net Driver HPZ12
hpdevmgmt REG_MULTI_SZ hpqcxs08 hpqddsvc
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2010-08-20 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-07-30 16:34]

2010-08-25 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore.job
- c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2009-10-08 00:04]

2010-08-25 c:\windows\Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA.job
- c:\program files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe [2009-10-08 00:04]

2010-08-25 c:\windows\Tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{E7BD5AEC-99C2-4C5D-B662-FA3F51F14D29}.job
- c:\windows\system32\msfeedssync.exe [2009-03-08 08:31]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: Google Sidewiki... - c:\program files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_89D8574934B26AC4.dll/cmsidewiki.html
FF - ProfilePath - c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9rwibzv.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - hxxp://www.google.com/
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.type - 0
FF - plugin: c:\documents and settings\Erik Waddell\Application Data\Mozilla\plugins\npcoolirisplugin.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Google\Google Earth\plugin\npgeplugin.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Google\Update\1.2.183.29\npGoogleOneClick8.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npdeployJava1.dll

---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
FF - user.js: yahoo.homepage.dontask - truec:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("ui.use_native_colors", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.lu", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.nu", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.nz", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbaam7a8h", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgberp4a5d4ar", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--p1ai", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.xn--mgbayh7gpa", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.IDN.whitelist.tel", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.auth.force-generic-ntlm", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.proxy.type", 5);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.buffer.cache.count", 24);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("network.buffer.cache.size", 4096);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs", 45);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("svg.smil.enabled", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\all.js - pref("accelerometer.enabled", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.allow_unrestricted_renego_everywhere__temporarily_available_pref", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.renego_unrestricted_hosts", "");
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.treat_unsafe_negotiation_as_broken", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\greprefs\security-prefs.js - pref("security.ssl.require_safe_negotiation", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("extensions.{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.name", "chrome://browser/locale/browser.properties");
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("extensions.{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}.description", "chrome://browser/locale/browser.properties");
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("plugins.update.notifyUser", false);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.nptest.dll", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npctrl.dll", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npqtplugin.dll", true);
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\defaults\pref\firefox.js - pref("dom.ipc.plugins.enabled", false);
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKCU-Run-Skype - c:\program files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe

catchme 0.3.1398 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-08-25 07:00
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

c:\docume~1\ERIKWA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\catchme.dll 53248 bytes executable

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\N360]
"ImagePath"="\"c:\program files\Norton 360\Engine\3.8.0.41\ccSvcHst.exe\" /s \"N360\" /m \"c:\program files\Norton 360\Engine\3.8.0.41\diMaster.dll\" /prefetch:1"
--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(900)
c:\windows\System32\BCMLogon.dll
Completion time: 2010-08-25 07:02:25
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2010-08-25 11:02

Pre-Run: 235,490,009,088 bytes free
Post-Run: 235,958,063,104 bytes free

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
[boot loader]
timeout=2
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
c:\cmdcons\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

- - End Of File - - E49333288944377839316626BBBE2DF0

Posted Image

#11 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

Please do not miss my prior post.

Let's continue....

excl.gif Warning: This script was specifically written and designed for this user only. Unsupervised use of this tool could render your computer unbootable permanently!! excl.gif

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Open notepad and copy/paste the all of the text in the quotebox below (including the hyperlink if present) into it:

4. Combofix might upload a few suspicious files. Please allow this!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...ml#entry1903203

Collect::
c:\windows\system32\drivers\anfpbdhz.sys

DDS::
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
FF - prefs.js: network.proxy.type - 0

Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt which I will require in your next reply.

==========

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2

MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

==========

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
  1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  2. Click the button.
  3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  4. Check
  5. Click the button.
  6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  7. Check
  8. Push the Start button.
  9. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  10. When the scan completes, push
  11. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  12. Push the button.
  13. Push

==========

* Combofix.txt
* MBAM log
* ESET log
* How is it running now?

Kind regards,
~t

Posted Image

#12 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

Are you still there? Do you still desire help?
Posted Image

#13 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users