Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista keeps starting in system recovery options

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kaketoe

kaketoe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:16 AM

Hello (excuse me for my English)

i have a problem with my laptop

My main problem is to acces and backup data. For this I am asking for a solution.

More than a week ago i think, i ran into a virus. My computer was running with some error messages, but it was running.
I thought system recovery optios was a good idea to run, possibly help solving some problems.

I ran recovery options, but i got the message that it was unable to recover found problems. I restarted the laptop.Now the problem is that system recovery options keeps starting when i start my laptop. In other words i am unable to acces windows or all my data.I can run chksk in command prompt, that doe not help, system restore gives an error and is unable to perform and system repair sais it can fix the problems. After i restart system recovery options starts again ... and again and so on. Same in the Safe mode.

Now format and reinstalling the laptop is a solution. An other solution which i can perform (as a non computer expert) is more than welcom. But the most important thing for me is acces to my data and emails! Can someone plese give me a simple and working solution for this.

Maybe stupid ideas from me but is it possible in any of the ways described below.

Install a second windows (for example XP) on the second hard drive of the laptop? Posibble??? and how is the procedure?
Entering windows in a different way, maybe not running fully but enough to acces data and copie it to an external harddisk device?
Downloading or making a startup dvd on an other pc? Does that work/help and what is the procedure?

Many thanks in front

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users