Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer suddenly slow at startup, but everything else is fine.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 samak

samak

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:58 PM

I have a laptop running Windows XP. The computer would boot up very quickly upon turning it on, and you would be able to get to the internet almost immediately. Now, the computer takes a few minutes upon booting up in order to access the internet. After booting up, everything seems fine. This problem just suddenly happened a few days ago.

I have run CCleaner, malwarebytes, and superantispyware (all with updates).

What could have caused this sudden problem and how can I fix it? Would it help if you saw a hijackthis log?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samak

samak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

hello

#3 tommy28

tommy28

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

Do you have a lot of unnecessary programs starting when your computer starts up? You can go to startup in ccleaner or type msconfig in the run bar. At the top of this forum click on startup list and disable what doesn't need to start up. Hope this helps you.

#4 samak

samak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

I have already done that long ago, but this problem is something else I don't know what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users