Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspected Malware Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drapsag

drapsag

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

Greetings all..

I'm usually not one to post on forums with such easy fixes, but I cant figure this out for the life of me.

I'm getting random redirects to sites such as results5.google.com/google-analytics.com/results.gugle.com... This are random redirects, and are very unpredictable. I get probably on average 1 every 5 visited sites.

I have ran Avast and Ad-aware/Spybot, and a few server side scans, all have come up negative.

Computer Specs :

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
System Make Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-790XTA-UD4
Processor Description AMD Phenom II X4 965
Number of Processors 4
Processor Clock Speed 3400 Mhz
Graphics Description ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Memory Installed 8192 MBs
Drive Size 1426921 MBs
Drive Format NTFS
DVD-RAM Model Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S
DVD-RAM Read Speed 8467 KB/sec (48X)
DVD-RAM Write Speed 8467 KB/sec (48X)

Any recommendations on what I can do, maybe dig into the registry or something?

Thanks in advance,

noob #28323

Edited by hamluis, 04 August 2010 - 08:17 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:16 PM

Try this first.

If still redirecting>>>
Change your DNS Servers:
  • Go to Posted Image > Run... and in the open box, type: cmd
  • Press OK or Hit Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type or copy/paste: ipconfig /flushdns
  • Hit Enter.
  • You will get a confirmation that the flush was successful.
  • Close the command box.
If the above commands did not resolve the problem, the next thing to try is to reset your network settings and Configure TCP/IP to use DNS.
  • Go to Posted Image > Control Panel, and choose Network Connections.
  • Right-click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and and choose Properties.
  • Double-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or highlight it and select Properties.
  • Under the General tab, write down any settings in case you should need to change them back.
  • Select the button that says "Obtain an IP address automatically" or make sure the DNS server IP address is the same as provided by your ISP.
  • Select the button that says "Obtain DNS servers automatically".
  • If unknown Preferred or Alternate DNS servers are listed, uncheck the box that says "Use the following DNS server address".
  • Click OK twice to get out of the properties screen and restart your computer. If not prompted to reboot go ahead and reboot manually.
-- Vista users can refer to How to Change TCP/IP settings

CAUTION: It's possible that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) requires specific DNS settings here. Make sure you know if you need these settings or not BEFORE you make any changes or you may lose your Internet connection. If you're sure you do not need a specific DNS address,
then you may proceed.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users