Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

enforced rediretion of searcges

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Milson

Milson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

For the last week I have found that when I try a search and click on a chosen URL, I am redirected to a search engine page (today it is "buyerstv.com", but it changes frequently. maybe daily). This seems to happen only with Google, not Yahoo.

I tried all 10 search results on the first page with the same result - with one exception - "Fido" went to the Fido page!

In over a decade of browsing I have never come across this problem.

I ran a complete virus scan (Avaast) plus a complete spyware scan (Stopzilla), both of which are constantly updated.

I then reloaded my browser (Firefox), my email program (Thunderbird) and even MSOffice 2003, but the problem is still there today.

My ISP reckons it must be something on my computer, but ....... any ideas?

I seem to have fixed this. I tried additional spyware programs and "Spybot" was the one that found the annoying 'spyware' and deleted them.

I have run Firefox searches again with no repeat of the problem!

Edited by Milson, 05 August 2010 - 03:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

I would disable/remove all browser add-ons...and check to see if a proxy server has been set up on the system.

I'll move this to the Am I Infected forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users