Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

successfully delted Antimalware Doctor; still major problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lazespud

lazespud

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Hi All --

Forgive me if any or all of this has been addressed before. Last night I got that horrible bleeping antimalware doctor thing. I followed the instructions to use rkill and then the latest update of malwarebytes. Removed 92 things, and then it was clean and even ran it a second time after reboot to make sure it was worked... it said I was clean.

The problem is that all of this did several other nasty things. First, it turned off all of my security center stuff; which was an easy enough fix; I just went to services and started it up again. This seems to be working ok now.

Second, it seems to have completely removed all of my system restore points; unbelievably annoying, but whatever. My computer simply tells me that I have none.

But worse I can access the internet through anything, other than firefox. When I started firefox is said I need to turn off the proxy server; so following some internet instructions, I did just that and now I can surf using firefox. But I can't start up outlook anymore; I get a box that says "cannot start Microsoft Offic Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." And I cannot access the internet through chrome or IE or safari or itunes. My windows 7 widget checking the weather says "service not available" too.

I'm running windows 7 64bit.

What can/should I do? Is this some proxy setting in my internet connections settings that I should adjust? What's causing my outlook to instantly stop?

Thanks for any and all help...

Edited by lazespud, 04 August 2010 - 02:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lazespud

lazespud
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hi all --

I'm not sure if I solved everything, but I did solve the access to the internet issue; elsewhere on this site there are directions to open the general "internet connections" settings and remove a proxy server setting; which worked great.

As to the outlook problem, where I wouldn't be able to open outlook (I would get a message instantly saying "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window". I found a solution elsewhere that was simply doing the following:
Start->run..then type the following -> "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users