Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0x0000007B‎ Error on DL180 G6 at Win2003 Setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thomasp94

thomasp94

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

I just unboxed a new Proloant DL180 G6, Installed the hot swap hard drives and I'm trying to install Windows Server 2003 standard (retail copy). The Windows setup preocess loads all the drivers and when it gets to the point of "Setup is loading windows" it gives me the BSOD 0x0000007B‎ error, I never even reach the setup welcome screen. I tried messing with the raid and the drives, I removed all except the OS drives and it still does it. I have two of these servers and have no idea what the problem is.

Specs:

Xeon QC 2.26 GHz, 4MB DDR3 SDRAM, Intel 5520 Chipset, Smart Array P410.

Ful specs: http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Produ...&cac=Result

Installed Hotswap HDDs:

X2 HP 160GB 7200rpm Hot-plug SATA Entry Level HDD (Man. P/N: 458945-B21) In raid 1+0, FOR OS

X4 HP 500GB 7200rpm Hot-plug Entry Level SATA Hard Drive (Man. P/N: 458928-B21) In raid 5, FOR DATA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Did you try to install the RAID controller driver from HP during setup?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users