Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DV to PC or DVD transfer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 makman

makman

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:45 PM

Hello,

I have a SonyDV camera and would like to transfer DV to DVD. FOr this I purchased an LG DVD burner 12X. The software it came with is Nero and Power Gold. To transfer DV to PC I connected an iLink fire-wire to a PC Card fire-wire. The PC Card has two slots. I gyess one for input from DV and one to export to DVD burner. I have a Panasonic Toughbook CF-48 (1Gig CPU and 27.5 gig memory)
I connected everything and used the DIrect Burn option but when I set the Sony to VCR mode and clicked on the record icon on the last screen of the Direct Burn procedure the camera automatically started to play but a few seconds later it would stop and the computer screen mentions to restart or not capturing. When I cancel the task there is an error message 5000018.
Can it be that my CPU is not fast enough? Do you know of any Direct to DVD burning software that can run well (not necessarily fast) on a 1 Gig CPU?
What do you suggest?
Thanks a bunch. I have family in for Thanks Giving and I would like to give each member a souvenir on DVD of their stay.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:41 PM

I'm not familiar with your problem, but here's a site for you to check out:

http://www.videohelp.com/

A lot of good info, here.
It'll give you a place to look, until somebody comes along that, is familiar, with your problem.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 makman

makman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:47 AM

Thank you for the tip. Have looked at the site and it answers all my questions.
Have a good weekend!

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:30 AM

You're welcome.
Glad to help.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users