Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, wondering if my computer is still infected!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lef22

lef22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hello,

I have been having problems with my computer lately as my antivirus (Norton IS 2010) is detecting and fixing "downloader" viruses almost everyday and trojans three times in the last month. I have done full system scans with Norton and AdAware and they do not find any problems. However, almost each day when I start my computer and after Norton updates, Norton finds either a downloader or trojan. After reviewing some of the forums in Bleeping Computer and reading suggestions from Norton on how to remove these malwares, I followed the following steps:

1. ensured my Norton and AdAware softwares were up to date,
2. rebooted my computer in safe mode,
3. turned off system recovery in Windows,
4. performed full system scan with Norton (detected nothing) and rebooted in safe mode,
5. performed full system scan with AdAware (detected nothing) and rebooted,
6. finally, I ran Hijack This software and the log file does not seem to contain any problems but I am no expert!

Hence, my question is: does the log file indeed confirm that my computer is now clean? If so, how can I be sure? Can I assume that maybe Norton has finally removed all the threats? Obviously, all this has made me very paranoid with using internet.

Thank you very much for any help you may provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users